The Shimano HG95 chain uses a directional design with specifically shaped inner and outer plates to optimise shifting over the chainset and cassette providing smooth and precise movement. Coming equipped with many of Shimano's renowned technologies, this model delivers exceptionally smooth and reliable performance as you weave your way from trail to trail.
- Compatibility: Best on 10-speed Shimano MTB drivetrains (also compatible with other brands of 10 speed components and road bike components too).
- Hyperglide (HG-X) series 10-speed directional Dyna-Sys compatible chain for use with 10 speed MTB drivetrains.
- HG-X Chain uses a directional design with specifically shaped inner and outer plates to optimise shifting over the chainset and cassette.
- Outer plate design has been developed to reduce the chance of chain suck.
- The inner plate has been developed for better contact with gears providing smoother shifting under high load, giving efficient pedalling, increased rigidity and near silent running.
- Durability is assured through a chromising treatment on link pins, and the heat treatment of rollers, pins, and plates.
- Open design of inner links increase mud shedding ability
- Mushrooming of the pins gives unsurpassed side-plate retention, enabling the chain .to far exceed the BS/ISO standard for breaking force.
- Chain is optimised for Shimano 10 speed HG-X MTB drivetrains only.
- SIL-TEC surface treatment technology (PTFE plating) that is smooth running and increases durability.
- Corrosion-resistant Zinc-alloy plating and grey finish on inner and outer plates.